The Select Committee has to begin regularly scheduled hearings as to who planned the 1/6 Insurrection, who implemented it, and who’s covering it up.
e are now just over seven months from the 2022 midterm election, and nine months from the next Congress being sworn in. Will we still live in a democracy in 2023? 2024? 2025, when we may see President Trump in office again?
There is strong pundit talk of a Republican takeover of Congress next year, as the President usually loses Congressional seats in the midterm election, based on historic precedent. And the Democrats have only a few seat majority in the House and the Senate is tied 50-50 with the Vice President casting the deciding vote if the vote is tied.
If this comes to pass, the Select Committee investigating the 1/6 Insurrection will be history, and all the work they will have done to determine who was responsible for organizing and implementing the insurrection will be flushed down the GOP toilet. And Trump and his thugs would again get away with their criminal conduct, setting up another election of Trump as President in 2024.
This cannot be allowed to happen. The Select Committee has to begin regularly scheduled hearings as to who planned the 1/6 Insurrection, who organized it, who implemented it, and who is covering it up. Like the Watergate hearings in 1973-1974, week after week of hearings have to proceed soon to reveal to the American people the people responsible for this shameful episode in American history.
And the Select Committee has to continue to refer to the Department of Justice for indictment and prosecution those persons who bear that responsibility. Should Attorney General Garland and his DOJ leadership fail to do so over the next few months, they should be fired and a new team of DOJ prosecutors put in their place. Show some guts, and go after Trump and his criminal henchmen. Even if you lose a case or two, at least the facts will be out there for American voters to evaluate before the November, 2022 election.
On February 12, 2021, I wrote an LAProgressive article entitled “Staging an Insurrection through his Consiglieres”, and on December 31, 2021, I wrote another LAProgressive article entitled “Who Orchestrated the 1/6 Insurrection?”. Everything I wrote in these articles is being shown to be true:
- the identity if the organizers;
- the December, 2020 “dry runs”;
- the “tours” of the Capitol by some of the coup plotters;
- the rallies the day before the Insurrection and the roles of Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani and Michael Flynn;
- the late night meetings at the Trump International Hotel and the Willard Hotel on the night before the Insurrection;
- the meetings with the Proud Boys and the Oathkeepers just before the “Stop the Steal”Rally;
- how the Rally played out;
- how the Proud Boys, the Oathkeepers and other coup plotters gathered at the Capitol and penetrated it;
- how the Defense Department did nothing for hours; and
- how Trump let the Insurrection play out until such time as he knew it had failed in its objectives.
Every day, I get many desperate requests for money and requests that I work to elect or reelect Democrats to Congress in November. I have decided that until I see some results from the House Select Committee and from the Biden Administration’s Justice Department, I will withhold any financial support and refuse to work for their election campaigns. Show some guts! Do your jobs!